The Client: TruWest Credit Union was originally chartered as Motorola Credit Union of Arizona in August of 1952. Today, TruWest Credit Union is a $620+ million financial institution with twenty branches in the Phoenix and Austin areas serving more than 56,000 members.
The Opportunity: The architecture of the existing web site for TruWest was built over 8 years ago when the internet was young and TruWest was a very different company. The site has evolved into a wide variety of pages and add-on features that lack clarity and focus.
Our Solution: We stepped in and worked with the TruWest marketing team to uncover and plan the next TruWest.org site all as part of a detailed Blueprint Phase.
During a series of meetings we:
- Defined site goals,
- Performed competitive analysis,
- Mapped audience types and content needs,
- Created a new site map that is based around user needs,
- Reviewed content management needs,
- Site statistics software and reporting tools,
- And finally, defined site structure down to the individual page level by creating detailed wireframes (sketches that define page content)
We completed an in depth Blueprint Phase in just over 5 weeks. This process gave TruWest a complete picture of what they needed for their site. They had a completed site map and wireframes of all of the key pages of the site.
Results: Once we had completed the Blueprint phase, we asked TruWest if they could give us some feedback about the process. Upon reflection, they said this: “I think that even if your price quote was double that of your competitors I would rather work with Tornado Design because of the level of professionalism and quality you delivered.”